Monday, January 17, 2011

Karen Cantwell

I have been writing plays and short stories for many years, some of which were published in various college literary magazines.  More recently, my short story “The Recollections of Rosabelle Raines,” was published in the mystery anthology Chesapeake Crimes: They Had it Comin'.
But I had always wanted to write a novel.  I found that more difficult.  Finally, a few years ago I became inspired to write my first novel, Take the Monkeys and Run, a comedy-mystery, inspired, to some degree by a true monkey sighting.   Because I love to laugh as well as make other people laugh, I have the most fun imagineable writing the character Barbara Marr as well as her friends and adversaries.  When I set out to write this book, I knew I wanted to write something that readers would say, “Now that was FUN.”  I HOPE I have achieved that goal.  And if I did, please feel free to drop me a line at and let me know!  I love to hear from readers.  (especially if they LIKE the book!)
These days, I can be found pecking away at my laptop, conjuring the second Barbara Marr novel, Citizen Insane.

Karen's short story Taming the Hulk.

Books by Karen Cantwell

Soccer mom and film lover, Barbara Marr is on the brink of a dream:  launching her own movie review website.  But on her 45th birthday, this stay-at-home mother of three unwittingly launches herself and her suburban housewife friends into the middle of their own explosive action adventure just like the movies – except these bullets are real.
To read reviews of her book, visit Karen's author blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment